Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Times Flying...

Time is flying so fast here at the Wolfrum household. I keep wanting to take a few minutes or even an hour out of our busy day to update, but then that sounds like a great time to have a cup of coffee, or do something different to my hair, or even just kick my feet up and relax awhile! In the last few posts I had stated I was working on Grady's Baptismal accommodations. It was so fun watching him smile and kick his legs out to the crowd. I can't even explain the feeling of how proud I felt of Grady for coming this far (a whole 12 weeks), how awesome and happy he is, and how happy even felt while staring at him. As a mom, I wonder how I could love another child as much as I love him. The Baptism was wonderful, and the after party kept me stir crazy. We had family and friends here at our house for brunch and to mingle. Grady only poutted when father Todd poured the holy water over his head, other than that he was quite the attention seeker. Since his dads not to much of a show off, he must have inherited that from his momma!;)
January 30, 2011 at St. John's Catholic Church
Godparents: Uncle Daniel and Aunt Brooke Bostelman
And the time has come to start battling inner hardships. I started slowly but surley and have gone back to work. I never thought being away from Grady could be so hard. It wasn't until I started washing his bottles one night for the sitters that I just broke down in tears. I can't understand how we have children, but pass them off to a loved one to raise until 5 pm everyday. I know its a way of life, but this is a tough way of life. I'm still hoping to win the lottery someday so I wont have to work, I guess to win the lottery you need to buy a ticket, I should start doing that too!;) Needless to say, time is healing and working doesn't seem so much of a punishment anymore.

We received a whole 4 inches of snow last night here in Defiance, Ohio! As defiance usually does when we hear the word "SNOW" everyone races to the grocery to stock up for the blizzard where no one will see light for a good 2 weeks!=) I have a gut feeling hospitals wont cancel, which means I'll have to work soooo- I'm ready for warm weather now. Yucky snow covered paws from remi, and pounds of blankets on Grady isn't really pleasurable living!

Jonathan's doing great with work and being the great dad and husband he is. He's been racing around on that snowmobile, and the light in his eyes when when he heard the word "snow" was like someone telling me "you've won the lottery" (we'll go back to that since I'd appreciate that so much). There's just something about wearing motorcycle helmets with goggles and scarves that hopefully catch your snot just doesn't strike me as a "wicked good time". haha It always seems as if we're piecing things that we find in the ol' wolfrum barn to make a feasible helmet, or ramp, or even boots!=) -Got to love country living!

One of my favorite date nights were just the other weekend. Friends of ours won tickets to the Jarrod Neimann, Brad Paisley, and Darius Rucker concert in Ft. Wayne, IN. We all went and had an REALLY really good time! This is the first concert I've gone to -not pregnant- so you can imagine the excitement, joy, and beer that filled my stomach that night!=)

Jonathan, Me, Joni, and Caleb at the concert at the Ft. Wayne Coliseum
Grady is surprising himself and me everyday. He's already doing so great holding his head up on his own and is pushing his elbows to the floor in hopes it will help him sit up. He's kickin his legs and swinging his hands so well. I've now just noticed him grabbing onto different toys and cooing so loud! He's got that awesome bald spot in the back of his head where he's constantly moving his head around on the floor to watch remi fetch her ball, or watch momma get ready. He is going on 3 months on February 3rd which amazes me so much. Its true, time does fly when your having fun!

Big smiles before getting ready for church
Bumbo love! Hanging out just watching remi.
Just talkin'
well- my rug rat has spoken and wants his morning bottle. Life is constantly changing, and Grady is constantly growing. keep your fingers crossed for me for that work cancellation, and that winning lottery ticket!;)
love & laughter
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment